Do you remember your life before February 2020?
• You’d probably never heard the word “Corona” with “Virus” or COVID-19, two things we hear all day long now.
• Every newscast didn’t start with “Breaking News!”
• You rarely saw anyone wearing a surgical or face mask outside of a hospital.
We could all make a list of how life was different then, before…
Different doesn’t mean bad. Sometimes we get caught in the trap that “before” was bigger, better, happier, etc. than “now”. The truth is, “now” is what we make it. “Now” is a choice – just like all the choices we make each day. One of my dear friends talks about her “COVID Blessings” which include new friends she’s made because COVID made life different.
One of my favorite authors from way back is Erma Bombeck. We’ve talked about her before here Behind the Curtain. I bring her up again because her humor and approach to life is as spot-on now as it was throughout her 30+year career. Some of my favorite quotes from Erma (I feel like she and I are friends) are from her answer to the question, “If you had to live your life over, would you change anything?” A few of her responses include:
• I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded.
• I would have burnt the pink candle that was sculpted like a rose before it melted while being stored.
• I would have never bought ANYTHING just because it was practical/wouldn’t show soil/guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Erma Bombeck was an American Humorist who found fame for her syndicated newspaper column discussing suburban home life from 1965-1996.
We don’t have to wait for a pandemic to start – or end – to ask ourselves this same question: “If you had to live your life over, would you change anything?” My answer is YES!
• I do and will continue to enjoy good desserts.
• I will be open to new ways of doing things. I will embrace different instead of pushing it away.
• And as long as there is breath in my lungs, I will continue to wear beautiful intimates and I will continue to
encourage women to embrace their unique and special beauty and wear the items that make their soul sing.
What about you? Will you change anything? Here are some suggestions if you want ideas:
• Let us help you experience the power of a properly fitting bra.
Schedule a bra fitting appointment at Uplift.
• Try new panties. Embrace new fabrics and styles. Intimate apparel is for you and what you like (your partner will love how it makes you feel).
• Accept the fact that you can have nice intimates, that your undergarments can match or not – you choose, be beautiful, and work within your budget.
February 2022 is different than February 2020. But that difference has the potential to be GREAT!
Until we meet again, Behind the Curtain!
P.S. from my friend Erma .. “There would have been more I love yous .. more I’m sorrys … more I’m listenings … but mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute of it … look at it and really see it … try it on … live it … exhaust it … and never give that minute back until there was nothing left of it.” ~ Erma Bombeck, Eat Less Cottage Cheese and More Ice Cream: Thoughts on Life from Erma Bombeck.