Uplift Intimate Apparel has been open for 2 years and 5 months. In that time, we’ve encountered women who are nothing short of amazing. And no two are alike. It’s like a beautifully patterned, brightly colored kaleidoscope with each woman creating the vibrant piece of the puzzle. So we started working on a description of what makes an Uplift woman. This list is by no means complete and we’re going to continue to add traits and characteristics to it as we encounter them. Don’t be surprised to find yourself in this list.
- Years are only a marker, not something she uses to define herself because you can’t put a number on young at heart.
- She has known for a long time or just recently come to realize – she’s beautiful, just as she is with all her strengths, imperfections and flaws.
- She cares deeply, loves openly, gives freely and is passionate about life.
- She knows to fully give of herself she must first give to herself.
- She embraces wholeness as opposed to chasing the ever-fleeting happiness.
- She sees and focuses on the good in others.
- She truly cares about her community .
- She stands up for her causes.
- Her circle of friends is wide and diverse, like her interests. And there’s always room for one more.
- She doesn’t apologize for being sensitive or emotional because her heart is part of her strength.
- She takes criticism seriously, not personally.
- She knows that others’ shining accomplishments don’t diminish hers at all.
- She’s either up or getting up!
- “She defines success as liking herself, liking what she does and like how she does it.“ Maya Angelou
- She’s not afraid to be the hero she needs.
What needs to be added? You tell us.