November .. the second to last month of the calendar year. Thanksgiving, the start of the holiday season, increased pressure, stress, etc. These are all facts surrounding the season. Some of you love this time. Some feel the pressure rising and thrive. Some move the other way towards implode.
No matter how this impacts, we all can choose to see November as a time to reflect on the months behind us and really focus positively on what is ahead.
It was almost 7 years ago when I left my home of 40 years to come back to Indiana and create Uplift Intimate Apparel. My life completely and forever changed. This year, looking back I have a new perspective. I see this season of transition in a fresh way. Below are a few of the lessons I’ve learned and carry with me into the future.
- Saying goodbye is another way of saying “Hello!”
- Fear can immobilize or encourage. It’s a choice you must continually make – by the minute, by the hour, daily, weekly .. as often as you need.
- True confidence takes time and is strengthened in the “failing forwards.”
- Another word for confidence is strength.
- To wait is a strategic choice, not a cop-out.
We encourage you to take inventory of where you are in your season, in your life.
- Is it time to say goodbye, or perhaps hello?
- Are you managing the fear or is it controlling you?
- Are you building your confidence?
No matter where you are, you can always come to us for encouragement, counsel, a hug! Behind the Curtain is a safe place, a place to see more clearly, and a place to celebrate where you are.
Remember, we’re here to S.E.E. you! Serve. Educate. Empower.
Until next time we meet, behind the curtain. — Carla, Founder, Uplift Intimate Apparel
P.S. We believe that a professional bra fitting is imperative to finding the right size bra. Because this is our core belief, we don’t include fitted bras on our online shopping. We also believe that wearing a bra and panties that fit, is comfortable and makes you feel good, is one of the greatest confidence boosters we ever experienced. Here are just a couple of our favorite confidence boosters.
When was the last time you were fitted? If it’s been more than a year, it’s time to come back in. If you’ve had more than a 10 pound change in weight, it’s time to come back in. And if you just want some “me time”, come back in. We’re here to serve!